Access Statement for Towler & Partners
Towler & Partners is a working Farm that offers Bed & Breakfast and Self Catering services.
• Telephone available for fax and phoning. Website being made, wireless available.
• Brochure giving directions available upon request, including large print but not Braille.
• Public Transport: nearest trains Banbury and Bicester stations.
• Public transport: only bus service from premises at end of long drive (runs between Banbury and Brackley.
• Distance to nearest town Brackley 2 miles.
• Nearest equipment hire would be Banbury.
• Taxis can be ordered off list of local firms.
• All rooms have a step of some description to gain entry. One twin room can have a ramp provided but the facilities do not include a disabled toilet. Some rooms require access from stairs. It is best to discuss requirements before booking.
Arrival & car parking facilities
• Car Parks are available, some are closer to properties than others. Varies 80m to 5m.
If there is a need to be close this can be arranged upon booking.
• The walkway surfaces are generally concrete or stone slabs with gravel on car parks.
• Lights do come on automatically at night in car parks but not overflow car parks.
• Because the premises are not always staffed 24 hours a day it is best to have your arrival time agreed prior to arrival and have this mobile number in case of any last minute changes: 07860 865146.
• Assistance to carry luggage or guidance can be arranged for your arrival if advised before hand.
• Dogs – only by prior agreement – kennel is available.
Main entrance, reception & ticketing area
• This is a private farm house and all guests should initially come to the front door of the farm house.
• Guests going to Self catering cottages will be taken to their cottage and taken through any paperwork there.
• Bed & Breakfast guests will be greeted and any paperwork done in the hall where a table and chair is available.
They will be then guided to their room and any other assistance provided. If there are any particular needs these should be advised prior to arrival as we do not have a 24 hour reception.
• 2 keys can be provided and each bedroom is lockable.
• All but one bedroom for B&B is accessed via a staircase with one strong hand rail.
Public areas – hall, stairs, landing, corridors etc
• B&B in the farmhouse has carpets on the staircase and first floor while the entrance and conservatory used for breakfast is all level stone.
• Corridors are wide but have no hand rails.
• Telephone can be hands free or with table and chair.
• Self catering in the cottages have carpets in the bedrooms, bathrooms, and wooden floors in the living area.
• Telephones have table and chairs.
• The skirting boards tend to be the same colour as the walls.
• There are no lifts available on the premises.
Public areas – sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• For B&B the bedrooms have their own TV and coffee/tea making facilities.
• Meals are taken in the conservatory which can be bright, but blinds are available to reduce some of the brightness.
• If a smoke detector goes off or the bell on the landing is rung (for B&B’s) all guests should leave the premises and meet on the lawn by the front door.
• There is a no smoking policy in the house.
• There are no lifts or wheelchairs kept on the premises but can be hired with prior agreement and payment.
• There is a list of restaurants to visit and emergency telephone numbers provided upon request.
Hours of operation
There are not staff on site 24 hours a day. Please contact Jo or Jill Robinson on: 07860 865146 if out of hours.
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve. If you have any comments, please contacts us using the details below.
Created: 10 December 2008
Contact Hill Farm today
Call us on 01280 703300 or click the button below to email us